Translate

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Still in Love

So many of us are still in love with someone that they had to let go. Because the person didn't want you or because he/she was afraid of hurting you so they said that they don't want to be your friend. Or maybe because you said something wrong without meaning to. And regretted it.

I met him last year. Actually, I needed money for gas for my car and my friend and I called him and I asked him if I could borrow $20. And that's when I officially met him. I'd seen him once before at my friend and her boyfriend's house. Anyway, he lent me $20 and that's when we started hanging out. We went to his friend's house and I listened to them play on guitars and drums and the piano. I played on the piano sometimes, but since I didn't know anything by memory, I only played a few small things. Sometimes I made up the notes as I went along. It was lots of fun. Other times he would record me saying something and then I would have to make him erase the recording - because, like most everyone, I hated hearing myself on a recorder.

He told me he really liked me. But he was going through a terrible time in his life - a divorce. Only 23 and already going through a divorce. I felt bad. He was depressed a lot and I tried to bring just a little bit of joy to him every time I saw him. I believe that if it wasn't for the divorce in his life, that we might have been a couple. But I don't know. Unfortunately, he was drunk when he asked me if he could be my boyfriend. I should have said, "Ask me when you're sober." But I didn't. I said of course. It was around this time that we kinda drifted apart. I rarely heard from him and when I did he told me he was ok and that I shouldn't worry. But I did worry. He was going through so much. I told him I cared and I wanted to help. But he said that I didn't know him well enough to care. But I did. I cared.

I never saw him again. I texted him once in a while. And sometimes I would get a reply, other times it would be weeks before I heard from him. Finally my friend told me that he doesn't want to be friends with me any more, that it's probably awkward for him to see me and that I should move on and not waste any more time on him. That it wasn't worth it. So I did. I stopped texting him. I've tried to stop thinking about him, but it's hard not being able to think about someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment