Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Late Again

I have been pretty busy for the past few days and extremely exhausted, so I haven't been writing. I guess that's really no excuse, but what can I say?

Not much has been happening - I've been trying to find a job, but with no success. Hopefully soon, I will find something. I need a job - I have so many medical bills to pay off.

Sadly, I haven't seen my friend since Sunday. He hasn't been feeling well and has been busy himself. Maybe tonight I'll get to see him. And if not, oh well.

Last night I decided that I wanted to make some music for my poems. I made some really good tunes, but they probably wouldn't go with my poems very well. I will try to share one of my favourite ones I made. I used Audio tool on my laptop. I really like it.

If you go to this link, it should play you Beats: http://www.audiotool.com/track/beats-TB5LOxtWf/

I hope you guys like it. I do. A lot.

Anyways!! I really don't have much to say. I'll share one of my poems with you guys. It's about my dog, Runner. He died a while ago. I miss him.

Best black boy,
Runner he was.
Obeyed every command
And was loyal to all.
When he was called,
He would run with a greeting.
Barking in joy, he would play with a ball.
Clever he was
Showing off his tricks.
He could sit down, lie down, and shake your hand.
We would say “Speak!” and he would bark in reply.
He loved water, and we’d bathe him in the sun.
After his bath, he would roll to get dry.

Soon he got old, and couldn't do much.
Morning would come, and he couldn't get up.
Zoë, his friend, would try to get him to play
But sore muscles made him stiff.
Ignoring his friend was a hard thing to do.
Nuzzling Zoë with his gray muzzle,
He would try to calm her prancing.
Losing his appetite, we couldn't make him eat.
Not even his favourite thing would he sniff.
When we said “Speak!” he would give a low, sad bark
Forgetting his tricks and what he could do.
Calling the vet, he told us what to do.
We loved him all the same, even if it was sad
To let him go.
Our best black boy is gone forever away.
Runner he was…
And Runner he’ll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment