Translate

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Missed Days

I'm soo sorry! I haven't written in a few days - I have a lot to say, but I've been busy and kinda sick too.

A few days ago, I was looking through my emails and found poems I'd written in 2012 and 2013. Because I'd been through so much pain, all of my poems are sad. I will share one with you today - and maybe even one everyday until I have no more poems to share!

You taught me
When i couldn't love.
You showed me
When i couldn't feel.
Yet through it all
You forgot me.
When your heart broke,
I held you close to me,
Loving you the way i was taught.
I felt your pain,
The way you taught me to feel.
But i was forgotten.
You left me to never come back.
I never pictured me sitting
By your tombstone.
Tracing the letters of your name.

This poem I'd written after my birth father committed suicide a few days after I turned 18. I hadn't seen or heard from him since 2005. But after my uncle contacted my sister and me and told our father that all was well with us, he said that he didn't want anything to do with us. It broke my heart hearing this, but what could I do? He was in Russia and I in the US.

Anyways!!! Last night I went over to my friend's house - he and I have been hanging out quite a bit this past week. I really like him - he is very nice and well I like him!! 

We were watching movies, and I decided that I wanted to drink his brandy. A horribly terrible idea I have ever made! I didn't realise I had drank so much of it, but I was extremely sick. I hadn't eaten much yesterday either - and drinking brandy on top of an empty stomach is terrible. I was extremely dizzy and could barely stand on my own two feet. Fortunately, my friend was there with me throughout everything I was going through. He rubbed my back, brought me water and kept saying that it was ok. Everything will be ok. 

I spent the night at his place because I was in no condition to drive home. But in the morning I didn't have a hangover - he'd given me ibuprofen and I guess that helped. 

Right now my sister is messing with my hair and laughs at each outcome. In about an hour I'm going over to my friend's house again - I'm going to meet his sister and brother-in-law and there's going to be a barbecue. 

Well I have written and made up for the past two days, I hope to write some more today - later tonight, but I don't know if I will. Singing off, is your blogger, RussianPsych.

Edge of Glory - Glee

I don't usually listen to Glee songs, but there are a few that I like and my sister suggested that I post this song. 

1 comment:

  1. We all learn mistakes the hard way, and I guess I learned mine. Alcohol and me don't mix. Also, sharp objects and me don't mix either.

    ReplyDelete