Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

World Hunger

World hunger is a problem. Too many children are going without food. They are starving and even dying from lack of food. I, myself, have experienced hunger. My younger sister and I. We had a rough childhood and know what it is like to be starving days at a time before there was just a little bit of food. However, this is not about me, but about the present children who are going hungry each day while we are throwing out half bad foods that could still be cooked into something delicious. Why do we do this? It's not right throwing out food that we don't like, while there are children out there who would give you everything they own just to take a few bites.

Because of this, one of my friends has decided to participate in a 30 hour famine. She is about my younger sister's age and this is a good deed that she is doing. However, she needs a little bit of help. There is a link, called World Vision's 30 Hour Famine. There you can help by donating whatever amount of money you choose to donate to help feed starving children. I'm sharing the link with you and ask you to look at it, and if you chose to, help those in need.

Thanks, guys! You're the best :)

Release the Feast for Children in Need 





2 comments:

  1. The thirty hour famine is something I'm familiar with. My church does it every year. I haven't done it yet because they say I'm not old enough, but I would encourage anyone who can to please do it.
    Great post, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of doing it myself! I'm kinda used to not eating most days anyways, so it would be pretty easy for me to not eat for 30 hours. When I was younger, 11 or 12 my younger sister and I would fast for a day just so that we knew how difficult it was for children going without food. But both of us already knew how difficult it is going without food, since we'd been in that kind of situation. You're never too young to do a famine or a fast. If that's what YOU want to do, then do it!

      and thanks! :)

      Delete