Translate

Monday, February 24, 2014

Bandon!!

As many of you know, I went to the beach this last weekend. Let me tell you right now that it was the MOST awesome day I had had in a LONG time. The time spent at the beach and with my room mate's sister and brother in law were very relaxing. The time spent walking around the small town of Bandon was very relaxing. The time spent just sitting down and watching the sun go down was very relaxing. 



Frankly, I'm surprised that I hadn't gone to the beach much, much sooner. But of course, sometimes... no, most of the time, money is a big problem for me. Meaning, I can't just get up and go whenever I please, because I have no current job, and the job I do have doesn't pay nearly enough to cover rent, food, gas, and other things I need. So going to the beach by myself is completely out of the question. 


The day at Bandon was the most beautiful day there in a long time and I am so glad that my room mate and I went there. In case you are wondering, yes, my room mate and I are dating :) He's the most awesome guy ever. Sweet, funny, and very caring and kind. 


He absolutely hates his picture being taken, so this is probably the best you'll see of him. But I do sneak pictures of him quite often, so you might get to see him without sunglasses! 

The most beautiful sunset I have ever seen is at the ocean.
There were lots of seagulls, and I kept telling them to stay still so that I could take a picture


Waves crashing against the jetty





We went down to the lighthouse and walked on the jetty. The jetty is falling apart little by little, but it's still very fun to walk on. If you go on a jetty, make sure you bring good walking shoes, because the rocks are very painful to walk on.



Does this even need a caption? 



I have lots more pictures, but I believe that this is all I'm going to share with you. Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. I knew it! I knew it! (sorry, I always feel like a detective when two people I feel are meant for each other end up together) I've been wondering ever since you first mentioned your roommate if you two would find out you like each other as more than friends. I was right! Isn't it funny how quickly the people that are part of the background at first become the most important to us?
    Sorry again-- I just reread my paragraph and it doesn't make much sense. I hope you understood some if that garbled monologue!
    Did you really take those photos yourself? If you did, you're really talented-- they look so professional!

    --Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understood what you said perfectly! I know, it is weird how some people become really important to us. I never even imagined that it would happen. If I hadn't been so upset that one evening and gone up to his room to make sure that I didn't do anything to myself, I don't think things between us would have happened the way they did. He's one awesome guy and frankly, I'm glad my dad kicked me out because of someone else - I was able to meet him :)

      And yes, I took those photos myself. I took most of them with a phone camera and a few on my sister's camera. But mostly on the phone camera. I really want to do professional photography as a side hobby/career. I know for sure I would love it! I love traveling too, so those two would be a perfect match.

      Delete