Translate

Monday, September 29, 2014

October

I guess you could call it full adult hood, because on the 7th of October, I'm turning 21. I'm absolutely excited and simply can't wait till the 7th!! But it's only a few more days - gotta be patient :)

I'm sorry that I haven't written in a long time. I know you guys like to read my posts and I have no excuses except for just not wanting to write. Not because I was busy, but I didn't really know what to write.

It's the end of September. And for my boyfriend and me that means that we have been together for 9 months. We've had our good times and the bad times, and through them all, we have grown closer to each other and grown stronger as a couple. I love him very much and would do anything for him.

I also can't wait till Christmas, because that's when my sister comes back from N. Dakota for a break. I miss her like crazy and am counting the days till Christmas.

Lately, I've been having really bad luck with finding a job :( I'm hoping to get one soon though, because it'll give me something to do during the day. I'm also going to start one class tomorrow evening - it's only on Tuesdays from 5 -8pm. I'm taking psychology and hopefully it won't be too hard.

By the way! A few weeks ago, I made my own recipe of twice baked potatoes and my boyfriend absolutely loved them and said that they were the best baked potatoes he has ever eaten. I'm going to post the recipe on here so you guys can try them out.


Twice Baked Potatoes

You're going to need:

 3-6 baking potatoes. (More if you're making it for a big family)
Bacon
Sour cream
Onion(s)
Green onions
Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Scrub the potatoes in running water, washing away all the dirt, poke them with a fork on each side and bake them in the oven at 425F. Bake them for about 45 minutes (or longer depending on the size of the potato). You might need to pierce them with a knife to see if they are soft inside.

While the potatoes are baking, dice up your onion. Put it in the frying pan (with no oil). After the onions, cut up the bacon - first lengthwise and then in small pieces widthwise. Add it to the onions. Turn on the stove and sauté them together, adding black pepper.

While the onions and the bacon are cooking, cut up a bunch of green onions and add it to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add about 2 cups of sour cream. You might need more after you add potatoes.

The onions and the bacon should be done by now - you can add them in the mixing bowl.

Once the potatoes are done, let them cool a little bit before you cut them in half lengthwise. Carefully, without breaking the skin, scoop out the potato and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. You might have to mash the potatoes a bit so that it's easier to mix.

Now you are ready to put the potato filling back in the potato skins. Make sure that you have enough potato mixture to fill all of the skins. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet, sprinkle cheese over them and bake them for another 20 - 25 minutes.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. :)) I love your post :) You're gonna make me those potatoes when I come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has bacon in it ;) I'll make them if you eat the bacon!

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for a blog award! http://thesilverflute.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete